Monday 3 February 2014

My P90X Transformation


I BROUGHT IT!!! I am officially P90X Classic graduate!!!


I started on 25th October 2013 and the 90th day was on 22 January 2014. I even did one extra X Stretch day in order to fill in my calendar completely.

Why I decided to change my life with the best, most exhausting and satisfactory workout plan? For my condition was at the critical point. In the worst moment I weighed 86kg. I couldn’t accept my body, every time I had to leave home I was depressed because of how I looked in my clothes. Sometimes I had to wear a vest or an extra sweatshirt just to hide my rolls of fat.

I have always wanted to be one of the fitness enthusiasts – those who jog every day before the sunrise, those who love spending hours in the gym and are obsessed with healthy diets. I thought they were crazy but I wanted to be like them, though I was weak and lazy, I admit.

In order to make some changes in my appearance, first I had to make order out of my life and face my weakness – the hunger. I was hungry all the time. I had a stomachache, headache and I felt sick when I skipped a meal during the day. I couldn’t controll myself. It was like a physical pain. I couldn’t resist eating snacks at night.

I changed my eating habits for the better and that was the first step in my way of getting fit. I don’t depend on diet programmes, instead I use my common sense and some knowledge about healthy lifestyle. I am starving in the evenings as I’ve decided to eat light supper at seven pm and then I eat no more before I go to bed. I have 5 meals a day. The first few days were the most difficult ones. After a while my body started to adjust to the new conditions. I realised that it’s not that hard to create new eating habits and, more importantly, I started to feel better. Perseverance and control over my diet gives me far more satisfaction than one moment of delight during eating junk food. I don’t want to return to old habits and I know that I won’t.

Having coped with my diet I started a new life. I knew there was the time to start exercising. At first I found cardio exercises on youtube. I combined them with jumping on skipping rope, hula hoop spinning, lifting dumbbells and doing squats. Every second day I jogged for about 2-3km, I had weekends for rest.

But still it was not enough. The lack of results was getting me down. I knew that in order to loose weight I had to be patient and wait for at least a month, or more.

One day I heard about P90X from my sister. Her student was doing it from time to time. I was intrigued. When I finally got the P90X programme, I had to wait for my dad to install the pull-up bar above my door (fortunately, I have one). I was impatient and desperate. In the evening, as I was waiting for the next day to start exercising, I saw the first video – “How to bring it” and that was it – the decision was made I was inspired to start. I had my calendar printed, I pinned it on my board and prepared a red marker.

From the day one I didn’t skip a single exercise, I even chose to stretch on the seventh day instead of resting. I always did all bonus rounds. I wanted to be fair with myself and I was successful.

If I told you that it was all fun I would be lying. In fact it was extremely exhausting. Instead of resting, reading books or spending time with my family I had to grit my teeth, change my clothes and exercise day after day, hour after hour. I was sweating, panting and dreaming about the rest but at the same time it gave me a lot of satisfaction. I had a feeling that I finally was doing something for my health and fulfilment. And there was one thing more – nothing gave me so much relaxation as being tired after P90X. Sitting down, watching tv, sleeping was nothing compared to a deserved and earned rest. The harder the exercise was, the better I felt. Devoting one hour and a half of my day was a very cheap price for how I felt afterwards.

It was hard at the beginning. I had to press the “pause” button almost after each exercise so it lasted two hours instead of one, only after warm-up I had shortness of breath. But I kept struggling and persevered from the first to the last second of each recording.

When I was doing push-ups I was on my knees, I was able to do pull-ups with the support of a chair. The biggest shock I experienced was on the second day – when I did my first Plyometrics. I almost admitted that I was not ready for P90X yet. Plyometrics is the jump training, in my opinion the most tiring exercise of all. But I was persistent, I didn’t give up. Sometimes I felt dizzy while jumping around. I know that it’s better to do ballistic stretching instead of sitting down but sometimes I felt sick from the effort and I had to lay down for a few minutes to recover.

I DECIDED I COMMITED and I SUCCEEDED.

I was inspired by Tony Horton. Whenever I wanted to give-up I repeated the sentence: ‘Do your best and forget the rest!’ and it helped!

After 90 days my weight was 80,3kg. I lost permanently 6kg and at the same time I developed my muscles. My body changed amazingly, I have never been so fit in my life.

During my training I had no injury. I fully trust P90X because I have tried it on myself and I am sure that this programme is safe and professional. I recommend it to anyone who wants to start a new life, feel better and get fitter and is not discouraged by a hard work.

I discovered something more. Something about me I have never expected before. I have a strong will. I know that I am capable of extreme effort. I am proud of myself and it’s all thanks to P90X!

As the time passed I didn’t need so many breaks, I was getting stronger. Now I can do a standard push-up without the help of my knees for the first time in my life! While doing pull-ups the chair is moved further and further forward. I can do crane pose in yoga: for a few seconds but still! I don’t do it for a second before I fall, no, it’s not what I mean. I do it with full awareness of my body position and with confidence, calmly and steadily. Also the wheel instead of bridge is not a problem for me as well as the side arm balance. I use a yoga block to give myself more distance in the sited single legged hamstring stretch. I wanted a leaner look so I did 12-15 reps in each exercise with 3kg dumbbells.

In the second half of February I’m going to start P90X Doubles. I have a little break until my exams are finished. I’m studying for the master degree on the first year of pedagogy and now is my first exam session. After that I will start another 90 days of extreme training, I can’t wait to feel the burn again!

Below there is a calendar with my weight measured in kilograms in the morning on empty stomach.


I will post my future progress as well because my transformation is obviously not yet completed.

4 comments:

  1. This is "Vivien Leigh". I love this post. I did p90x two years ago and loved it! I love all your pictures. You are one of those people who's love shines through. Your blog is inspiring and easy to read and interesting and i LOVE the cool back ground effect of the horse in the sunrise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yօu can certainly see your skills within
    the work you write. The arena hoppes for more pаssionate wrіters sucҺ as
    you who are not afraid to mеntion hοw they believe.
    Always go after ʏohr heart.

    Review my blolg - get ripped

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) it's one of my favourite photos - it was taken at the time when I and Bajka were at the beggining of our friendship. I took her for a walk so tahat she could eat some fresh grass and my sister was taking photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pay a quick visit day-to-day some sites and blogs
    to read articles or reviews, however this blog gives feature based posts.


    Here is my web page: best vitamins for building muscle

    ReplyDelete